We run successful brokerage operations at both Largs and Troon Yacht Havens and have been doing so at Largs since the Yacht Haven opened in 1984. Our Largs operation is open seven days and Troon six days a week (although viewings remain possible throughout the week). Even in this digital age we find that having knowledgeable and helpful staff permanently on hand is invaluable. We have been members of British Marine for more than 40 years and are also members of BRBA.
As brokers, in keeping with B.M.F. guidelines we operate a “client account” to safeguard sellers and buyers funds and our policy is to recommend each purchaser to instruct a competent surveyor to inspect any potential purchase. Although the survey should not be thought of as a “bargaining tool”, often, apart from liaising with the different parties, such as yards, surveyors and contractors our broker will handle any negotiations with sellers required after survey. He will also advise on interpretation of surveyor’s reports.
A summary of our offer to brokerage sellers:
- Two bases with the possibility of advantageous berthing terms for brokerage boats that are not normally berthed at Largs or Troon.
- Professional valuations provided based on our own knowledge of the market and also our access to “trade only” transaction values and soldboats online portals.
- Experienced personnel permanently on hand throughout the year to deal with viewings, offers, negotiations etc. Although not complacent, as a company we have successfully concluded well in excess of one thousand brokerage transactions and as such feel that our experience is invaluable in delivering sellers a satisfactory sale.
- Competitive brokerage rates.
- Extensive online exposure for your boat. In addition to the ubiquitous “YachtWorld” portal courtesy of our membership of European Yacht Brokerage (EYB) your boat will feature on approximately 10 other European sites. We are constantly striving to improve our digital presence and plan to roll out more video on brokerage boats soon as well as enhancing our social media activity. It is worth mentioning that we were the first brokers in Scotland to have a functioning website.
- We make no charge for the preparation of accurate specifications which include multiple images.
- Cleaning and guardianage services available on request.
- Our locations are excellently placed in terms of communication links for buyers from all parts of the UK and elsewhere. We regularly collect perspective buyers from all over Europe from Glasgow airport and can have them aboard your boat in 30-45 minutes.
A summary of our offer to brokerage buyers:
- We are physically present seven days*1 a week to discuss your needs and to let you see boats.
- Our experience garnered over many decades means that we safeguard buyers interests in ensuring that funds are kept in a Client Account and also that title documentation and other paperwork is in line with legal requirements (which can vary). We are conversant with conveyancing procedures for both registered and unregistered vessels and work regularly with the MCA on title checks and sorting out historical paperwork.
- If required we will be happy to offer informed guidance as to the merits of different boats but most importantly we promise to listen to potential purchasers.
- A big part of our job is to liaise with purchasers, vendors, surveyors and yards in order to ensure that the purchase process runs as smoothly as possible. Our experience helps in the final negotiations which can often be extremely delicate.
- Quite apart from our expertise in the mechanics of purchasing a used boat, we generally have between our Largs and Troon offices a broad selection of pre-owned craft available at any one time. Please visit our “boats for sale” page for more information. If we do not have what you are looking for please let us know, as we are increasingly sourcing boats from fellow distributors in the Jeanneau group throughout Europe.
- We can help organise finance and insurance with market leading providers.
- Discounts available on berths at Largs and Troon Yacht Havens for boats purchased through Euroyachts by customers who are not existing berth holders.
*1 Our broker may not be at his desk on Thursday’s however viewings can be arranged.
Although we are primarily a boat sales organisation we have recently experienced an increase in demand for our technical services.
In house we have mechanical, electrical and GRP repair expertise. Our own (time served) engineer of 25 years has had factory training from Suzuki, Cummins, Nanni and Mercruiser. Unlike many so called engineers whose skills are limited to service work or condemning engines we regularly remove engines from boats and undertake complete strip downs and rebuilds. Sail drive/stern drive removals and gear box rebuilds are frequently undertaken.
We are fully authorised Suzuki PDI, service and warranty dealers and have a complete inventory of Suzuki tools in addition to the requisite software.
Our technicians have attended Jeanneau courses at the factory and know the boats inside out. Whether your issue is with a water system or a windlass we can help repair your Jeanneau.
General service tasks routinely undertaken include winterising, antifouling, anode replacement, stern gear burnishing, spring re-commissioning and general gaurdianage.
We are a small team and usually work for our existing customers however if you have a problem, either mechanical, electrical or GRP related let us know and we will do our best to help. Our labour rates are competitive.